The Canadian Staff Union biennial convention will be held at the Westin Montreal, 270 Saint-Antoine St W. on Saturday, October 5, 2019.
Online registration for the Convention and CSU events will be available in September. In addition to the Women’s Day and the Equity Forum, we will also host our first Health and Safety Forum.
- Women’s Day:October 4 – 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Equity Forum: October 4 – 6:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
- Convention: October 5 – 9:00 a.m. start until the conclusion of business.
- Health & Safety Forum: October 6 – noon to 4:00 p.m.
On-site childcare will be available during the CSU Convention and Events. Please complete the childcare form to register your child.
You can propose amendments to the CSU Constitution as well as submit a resolution you wish the convention to consider. Please use the forms provided. As required by our constitution, constitutional amendments and resolutions must be received no later than May 1, 2019. Send completed forms to our Recording-Secretary, Patrick Lenathen, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will also hold elections for the following positions:
- Table Officers: President, Vice-President, Secretary-Treasurer, Recording Secretary, and Chief Steward.
- Union Trustee: 6-year term, 2019 to 2025.
- Pension Trustee: Two positions, one must be from the National Office Component.
- Alternate Pension Trustee: Two positions, one must be from the National Office Component.
Nominations will take place at the Convention prior to the vote for each position. We will send out candidate material to all members prior to Convention. If you want to run for one of these positions and would like your campaign material to be included in the electronic mailout, send it to Patrick Lenathen no later than August 20, 2019.
On behalf of the Executive, we look forward to seeing everyone in Montreal.
CANADIAN STAFF UNION